Sunday, June 26, 2011

First Day in Spain!!!

So after a loong airplane ride, and a two hour bus ride from the Madrid Airport to Salamanca, I finally made it to SPAIN!
My host family, the woman named Lourdes with her boyfriend Manuel came to pick me up after the bus dropped us all off. They are soo nice. The home is beautiful. It had such a homey feel to it.
The buildings in Spain are soooo amazing. Salamanca has Pre-Roman times buildings, so it is super gorgeous.
I felt so free when I was riding in the car just enjoying passing by the beautiful buildings.
Then Lourdes cooked us all a wonderful and delicious dinner. We had organically home fried French Fries, a nice simple salad with tomatoes, red pepper, onion, lettuce and oil. She also fried chicken fillet pieces for us. We then had watermelon for dessert. What an amazing first dinner!!!
I didn't bring the Sandisk card converter to upload photos, but I hope to figure that out soon and will upload photos when I do!
Tomorrow I start class! We have an orientation at 8:30am! So excited!!
Well gotta sleep now! Good night from Spain!

No comments:

Post a Comment